Notice of Revision of Church Electoral Roll
Please click on the link here: "Electoral Roll revision" , or on the corresponding menu item on the left 'Notice of Revision of Electoral Roll' for more info. The roll revision begins this Sunday (20th September).
Livestream Sunday 20th September - 1030 St Katharine.
The link to the service on YouTube is below:
(Unfortunately we do not have an electronic copy of the St Nicholas service booklet, but the service shares many of the responses used at St Katharine)
Please subscribe to the channel by clicking 'subscribe' on our YouTube page- it is free, and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you click the notification bell, then you will be alerted by email and/or a smartphone notification whenever we upload or livestream and the notification will take you straight to the service.
Christmas is coming!
We are already starting to plan Christmas, a task that is challenging given no one quite knows whether we will be in Lockdown, still have restrictions, or what the situation will be. To that end, we are exploring all possible options including Pre-Recorded services and Live streaming. To that end, we are seeking parents who would be happy for thier children to take part in a Nativity Service that we can record in advance and/or on the day. Please do let us know if you can help as soon as possible so we can begin to plan - we will try and maintain what traditional things we can as far as possible!
We would also like to create a Church family Christmas Card Video, where members submit a brief 10 to 30 second clip wishing folk a Merry Christmas. We know it is three months off, but we do need to start preparing now, so if you would like to submit a clip please do let Fr Kevin know.
Christian Book Reviews
Why not check out some Christian Book reviews by members of our church family? Perhaps there is a book there for you that could help you in your own Christian life? Click the link on the menu on the left of this page!
Face Coverings in Places of Worship
These are now required by law, and so unless you are involved in leading the worship at the service, or have a legitimate exepmtion from wearing a Face Covering, you will be required to wear a Face Covering in Church. If you cannot wear a Face Covering, you will need to follow the guidance of keeping 2 Metres from the nearest person, otherwise people will be seated under the "1 Metre plus" guidance.
As we wish to continue to be a welcoming environment, and in common with other major retailers, institiutions etc, our staff will not be challenging people who do not wear a Face Covering. We understand people may have legitimate reasons that exempt them from the requiement to wear one, and we will be respecting people's privacy in this regard. We would ask others attending not to challenge people not wearing Face Coverings, but to similarly be respectful of the fact they may have a reason for being exempt which may not be outwardly obvious.
Service times are:
- St Nicholas 9am till 10am, and St Katharine 1030am till 1130am.
- Weekly on Wednesdays at 7.30pm at St Katharine - Said Mass
- Confessions - these can now be resumend and arranged by appointment. Please contact Fr Kevin directly if you wish to make your confession.
As before, if you are over 70 or in one of the “at risk’ categories, then I am obliged by the Government to ask that you familiarise yourself with the risks pertaining to COVID19, and that you think carefully about returning to worship at this time. The online services will continue, and we are moving to livestreaming so that people can virtually join us when worship takes place in church buildings in the parish - we will be livestreaming from this week.
A list of those classed as clinically vulnerable can be found here:
To ensure social distancing is maintained (2m for inside Places of Worship), we have had to limit capacity in each building as follows under the "1 Metre plus rule":
- Total Capacity for St Nicholas Church (excl. Priest and one Warden): 40
- Total Capacity for St Katharine’s Church (excl. Priest and one Warden): 55
For all services of worship:
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival, and you will be directed to a seat. There is now a legal requirement to wear a Face Covering unless you are exempt.
- Worship will look different – there will be no hymn singing, and no physicaly exchanging 'The Peace'. Communion will be in one kind (consecrated bread) only, and full instructions on receiving it will be given before the service begins.
- We will keep you updated if the situation changes, and we will remove the booking system as soon as practicably possible.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID19 such as a high temperature, a persistant dry cough, and/or loss or change to sense of smell or taste, or you believe you may have COVID19, then clearly you should not attend the church buildings until you have recovered, having following government advice on self isolating and been tested for COVID19.
We are now able to accomodate funerals in the Church buildings, with limited numbers. Contact Fr Kevin if you wish to discuss arranging a funeral here.
Our online donations page is now active. If you normally give via the collection bags or plate, please consider making use of this facility as it really helps our church and community work
In the meantime, if you do hear of someone who is self isolating, please do let us know. We may be able to contact them and possibly provide some practical help.
We also have prayer services and Bible Studies online via Zoom, including daily Morning Prayer and Informal Prayer on Wednesday evenings. A Thursday evening 'beginners' informal prayer group is also now in operation. Please check out the information by clicking on the "prayer services and bible study on Zoom' tab on the left of this page.
Zoom Coffee Mornings are also now being put on to encorage social interaction - check out the coffe morning tab on the left for information as to when they are on.
We will keep you updated, and please do stay in touch!
page last updated at 1351 on Wednesday the 16th September 2020